In case you haven’t heard, I’m kind of obsessed with my puppy, Bella. She’s so sweet, but very particular, she thinks she’s small so she will only eat tiny cookies made for puppies, yet she’s quite a large dog.I was ecstatic when I found a recipe for healthy, homemade cookies from this website Damn Delicious because I don’t always like it when Bella eats too many bought cookies, I’m just not sure what’s in them, ya know? These cookies were easy to make and she loved them, quite surprising because she’s so picky.
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.*
- Let cool completely.
And there ya go, I hope you are able to try these! Let me know what you think!